Terms & Conditions
1. Orders must be accompanied with payment in full by credit card, check or money order. Purchase orders can only be accepted from public schools and state and federal government agencies whose accounts are in good standing. Purchase orders will not be accepted from charter schools unless they are submitted through the governing school district; under no circumstances can we accept purchase order from the charter school itself. In the case of orders placed online, with the intention of paying by check or money order, the purchaser may select items for purchase and go through the check out process, and finally select “Phone/Fax” on the Shipment Summary page. The purchaser should then contact us by phone (800-287-1985) or fax (239-690-3019) to complete order payment. This same procedure should be followed by customers who wish to pay by credit card, but do not wish to give a credit card number during the online ordering process.
2. We currently only collect sales tax from purchasers with Florida bill to/ship to addresses. Florida tax-exempt organizations can place orders online by credit card and pay the sales tax. Alternatively, tax-exempt organizations can select the Pay by Check option during checkout; they must then call us, at which time we can process a credit card payment and complete the order without sales tax. Florida tax-exempt organizations must provide a copy of their tax-exempt certificate. Our online system only collects Florida state tax, including applicable surtax in most cases. If the correct amount of Florida surtax is not collected online, we will contact you if necessary.
3. All prices are stated in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice. The terms “shipping” and “shipping and handling” are used interchangeably in our written and verbal communications. Our shipping costs include not only the costs we are charged by our carriers, but other costs associated with processing your order, often referred to in the industry as “handling costs.” Handling costs include, without limit, and for example, the cost of picking your order, checking it for accuracy, packing it, and similar expenses associated with getting your order off our shelves and to your door.
4. Occasionally manufacturers discontinue items, which causes us to drop items altogether or make substitutions. Unless otherwise indicated on your order, we will make reasonable substitutions as necessary. Product component parts pictured in kits, assortments and sets are representative only and subject to change without notice.
5. Listed shipping and handling charges assume delivery by FEDEX or UPS GROUND service. Orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii or other U.S. locations not having FEDEX/UPS ground service, e.g., Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, some parts of Alaska and Hawaii, other U.S. territories, and FPOs/APOs will be sent via U.S. Mail Parcel Post. Shipments to Canada will be made by UPS GROUND where this service exists. MONTESSORI N’ SUCH RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE MODE OF TRANSPORTATION, AND SUCH RIGHT WILL BE EXERCISED AT OUR DISCRETION AND WITHOUT NOTICE TO THE CUSTOMER, REGARDLESS OF ANY WRITTEN OR VERBAL SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY THE CUSTOMER.
6.SHORTAGES AND DAMAGED GOODS. Please inspect your entire order immediately upon receipt and record all missing or damaged items so that all discrepancies can be reported at the same time. CLAIMS FOR MERCHANDISE SHORTAGE OR DAMAGED GOODS MUST BE MADE WITHIN 7 DAYS OF RECEIPT. Defective items will either be replaced or credit will be given, the choice of which is solely at our discretion. Replacements will only be shipped to the U.S. destination specified in the original order. Absolutely no replacements will be shipped to an overseas destination.
7. UNDAMAGED ITEMS FOR RETURN. We do not offer merchandise exchanges. The purchaser may return for credit or refund goods that have been received provided that they contact us within 7 days of receipt of the goods. Items must be returned with their original packaging and placed in a larger sturdy box with adequate packaging to ensure safe return. A restocking fee may be applied.
8. ALL RETURNS (FOR DAMAGED ITEMS OR OTHERWISE) REQUIRE PRIOR APPROVAL. IMPORTANT: MERCHANDISE THAT IS RETURNED WITHOUT PRIOR AUTHORIZATION MAY BE REFUSED AND NO CREDIT GIVEN. Please call our toll free number (800-287-1985) within 7 days of receipt of your order to obtain a return material authorization number and instructions for return. Returns, except for damaged goods, may be subject to a 20% restocking fee, which may be applied at our discretion. Customer is responsible for arranging shipping via traceable means for all returns. DO NOT RETURN ITEMS THROUGH THE US POSTAL SERVICE, AS RETURNS SENT THIS WAY MAY NOT BE RELIABLY DELIVERED TO OUR WAREHOUSE. We do not issue call tags. Items should be returned in their original product packaging and placed in a larger sturdy box with adequate packaging to ensure safe return. For items we deem, in our sole discretion, to be defective, we will reimburse return shipping charges provided our return instructions are followed. You should purchase insurance from your shipping agent, as we will not be responsible for damage to items that you return that arises from your handling, or inadequate packing or mishandling by the carrier you choose.
10. Returned check fee is $40.00.
11. Delivery to non-U.S. destinations. We presently deliver to Canada, and certain other non-U.S. destinations where we can arrange economical delivery. Customers can always arrange delivery themselves by contacting a freight-forwarder to arrange for delivery from a U.S. point of embarkation to their final destination. Please note that inspection and acceptance of goods must occur at the U.S. intermediate point prior to trans-shipment to the final overseas destination. We will not be responsible for damage or defects that are discovered after the order has been received at the U.S. trans-shipment point. OUR SHIPPING COSTS DO NOT INCLUDE ANY DUTIES, FEES, TAXES OR BROKERAGE EXPENSES THAT ARE INCURRED WHEN THE ORDER ARRIVES IN THE CUSTOMER'S COUNTRY; THESE CHARGES ARE ENTIRELY THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CUSTOMER AND MAY BE SUBSTANTIAL. WE RECOMMEND CUSTOMERS CONSULT THEIR COUNTRY/PROVINCE/LOCAL GOVERNMENT FOR CURRENT INFORMATION ON DUTIES, TAXES AND OTHER FEES. WE USE UPS TO SHIP TO CANADA, AND UPS WILL CHARGE A BROKERAGE FEE TO CLEAR YOUR ORDER THROUGH CUSTOMS; WE CANNOT TELL YOU IN ADVANCE THE AMOUNT OF THE UPS BROKERAGE FEE.
12. Shipping and handling charges computed on our Internet shopping cart site may differ from those published in our catalog due to the manner in which shipping and handling is computed on line. The shipping and handling rates applicable to the means by which an order is placed, i.e., via catalog or online, are governing.