Highly recommended sequential sets for early readers. Phonics fiction readers introduce the next 22 letter sounds including digraphs and diphthongs.
All of these phonetically controlled stories help children learn, practice and apply phonics — independently and with growing confidence. Students will practice decoding with the phonetically controlled vocabulary. Text uses only decodable regular words progressing week by week and adds 'tricky words'. Presented with clear, colorful illustrations.
Titles and new letter sounds for each book is as follows:
- A Cat in a Jet: j, v, w, x
- Buss the Fox: y, z, zz, qu
- A Fish on a Ship: ch, sh, ng
- A Thin Math: th, ai, ee, igh, oa
- A Sheep in a Jeep: oi, oo (short & long)
- Zig and Zag: ow, ar, air, ear
- Food at the Zoo: ur, ure
- Hoot the Owl: er, or
- I Park my Car: Reviews
- Baba the Bear: Reviews
- Farmer Ted: Reviews
- Into the Woods: Reviews
Phase 3 readers have a stricter controlled vocabulary that follows the letter-by-letter progression.
- Book Band - Early 1 (red)
- Guided Reading Level: B-D
- Reading Level: 2-5