CLICK ON LARGER IMAGE TO SEE MORE TITLES IN SET
Highly recommended sequential sets for early readers. Blends nonfiction readers introduce 38 different adjacent consonants (or blends). Text uses only decodable regular words (according to the week by week progression) along with 'tricky words'. Presented with clear photographic images.
12 Books. Titles and letter sounds introductions are as follows:
1. Fox on a Hunt: st, nd, mp, nt
2. A Duck in a Pond: nk
3. A Tusk is Hard: ft, sk, lt, lk
4. I am Lost: lp, lf, pt, xt
5. Frog on a Trail tr, dr, cr, br, fr
6. Bear in a Log: gr, bl, pl, cl, sl
7. Little: fl, gl
8. Cat Drinks Milk: sp, sm
9. A Skunk Sniffs: sw, tw, sc, sn
10. This is a Lunchbox: pr, nch
11. Spring Scrunching: scr, shr, spr, str, thr
12. Crab is Mad!: Reviews
Phase 4 readers have a strictly controlled vocabulary that follows the letter-by-letter progression. Book Band - Early 2 (yellow); Guided Reading Level: B-E; Reading Level: 2-8.